Eastern Numismatics, Inc. (ENI) (http://collectrarecoins.com/) is a precious metals and rare coin dealer that specializes in the sale of gold, silver, and platinum bars and coins. The company was founded in 1974 with the goal of offering the best coins at the lowest prices, and has since then expanded to service a client base of more than 100,000 customers.
About the Management
Not much information is provided about the management staff of ENI on uscoins.com. However, on their ‘How to Add Gold to your IRA” page they've listed Michael Alster and Jonathan Parrella as the primary contacts. The BBB has Michael Alster listed as Office Manager and Eugene Parrella is listed as President. A Google search reveals that Micheal was interviewed by the Wall Street Journal in 2001 regarding the rise in demand for precious metals following the events of 9/11.
Eastern Numismatics, Inc. Ratings and Complaints
The following are links to ratings and reviews on ENI on the top business directories online:
- BBB Rating: A+ (Details)
- BBB Complaints: 2 complaints in the last 3 years (Details)
- BCA Rating: B (Details)
- BCA Complaints: 0 complaints in the last 3 years (Details)
- CitySearch: Not Rated (Details)
- Google+: (3.5 / 5) based on 10 reviews (Profile)
- RipOff Report: 1 Report Found (Details)
- SiteJabber: Not Rated (Details)
- Trustlink: Not Rated (Details)
- Yellow Pages: (4 / 5) based on 1 review (Details)
- Yelp: (2 / 5) based on 4 reviews (Details)
Eastern Numismatics, Inc. Prices and Products
ENI offers a broad range of gold, silver, and platinum bullion, world coins, U.S. coins, ancient coins, jewelery, accessories, and U.S. paper money. ENI helps its customers set up and stock precious metals IRAs through two of the top IRA custodians – GoldStar Trust Company and New Direction IRA. Each of these companies have their own annual fee schedules and other charges for precious metals storage that should be considered to determine the overall cost of purchasing precious metals for your IRA.
Eastern Numismatics, Inc. Contact Details
Address: 642 Franklin Ave, Garden City, NY 11530
- Phone: (800) 835-0008
- Local Phone: (516) 746-6460
- Fax: (516) 746-6467
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://collectrarecoins.com/
Key Pages From Eastern Numismatics' Website
- Bullion Catalog – Selection of catalog of gold, silver, and platinum bullion coins and bars.
- U.S. Gold Coins – Selection of U.S. gold coins in various denominations. Some of these coins are eligible to be deposited into an IRA.
- How to Add Gold to Your IRA – Explains the diversification and tax benefits associated with owning gold in an IRA and discusses IRA retirement plans.
Always Review the Competition Before You Buy
Purchasing precious metals for an IRA is perhaps one of the most important retirement investment decisions you'll ever make. While most experts recommend only allocating about 5% – 20% of your portfolio to precious metals investments, this seemingly small fraction can suddenly hold the most importance in the event of another global financial crisis, recession, or depression.
Thus, choosing the right bullion dealer, IRA custodian, and depository to help you set up and stock your Gold IRA is a process that should not be rushed or overlooked. Some bullion dealers will work directly with one or more leading custodians to help you setup a precious metals IRA, while others will only sell you IRA-eligible products, leaving you to find and sign up with a custodian independently.
We recommend using a company that has established partnerships with the most affordable and reputable custodians, in order to simplify the investment process and decrease the annual cost of storage and administrative fees.
These are the three most important factors to considering when comparing precious metals companies:
- Does the company have an extensive and overwhelmingly positive online reputation and web presence?
- Does the company partner with IRA custodians and depositories to help its clients deposit purchased precious metals into an IRA?
- If so, what are the setup costs and annual storage/administrative fees associated with their preferred custodian(s)?
Some companies will recommend multiple custodians to choose from, while other will only work with one. When comparing custodians, perhaps the most important factor to consider is whether the company charges a flat-rate annual fee for storage/admin (which stays the same regardless of the amount stored in the account) or a sliding scale annual fee (which increases as the value of the account increases).
Contact Us if You Own or Represent Eastern Numismatics, Inc.
If you're an owner, representative, or associate of ENI and you've noticed any information that is incorrect, outdated , or misleading, please do contact us with your revision or removal requests. We will honor any requests that are in line with our goal of giving our visitors accurate and useful company reviews on an ongoing basis.
Let Us Match You
Unsure about which Gold IRA company to choose? Let us match you based on your situation and objectives by taking this 1 minute quiz:
Eastern Numismatics, Inc. Review Summary
Eastern Numismatics, Inc. is a precious metals and rare coin dealer that specializes in the sale of gold, silver, and platinum bars and coins. The company was founded in 1974 with the goal of offering the best coins at the lowest prices, and has since then expanded to service a client base of more than 100,000 customers.