GoldStar Trust Company (http://www.goldstartrust.com/) is an industry-leading self-directed IRA custodian with more than two decades experience and more than 37,000 IRA accounts holding assets worth more than $1.9 billion. The company began as Colonial Trust Company in 1989 and in 2004 entered into negotiations with Happy State Bank to become their trust-only branch. Happy State Bank is one of the biggest banks in the Texas Panhandle. In 2006 GoldStar Trust Company acquired American Church Trust Company and the next year all operations were moved to the current location of their headquarters in Canyon, TX.
About the Management
Although not much information is given about the management staff on the company's official website, we were able to find this video interview with the company's President, John K. Johnson. John also appears in a web interview with ASI Precious Metals Direct. More information about the company's management can be found on their About Us page.
GoldStar Trust Company Prices and Products
GoldStar Trust Company specializes in providing various kinds of custodial accounts, self-directed IRAs, precious metals IRAs, church bond investments, church finance, publicly traded securities, privately offered investments, Swiss annuities and other types of custodial and investment-related services. The following are screenshots of GoldStar Trust Company's fee schedules for precious metals IRAs:
Note that GoldStar Trust Company charges sliding scale annual fees, which increase along with the market value of the assets held within the account. This fluctuating fee structure is typically less preferable than the flat-rate annual fees that some other custodians charge.
GoldStar Trust Company Contact Details
- Address: 1401 4th Avenue, Canyon, TX 79015
- Phone: (800)-486-6888
- Fax: (806) 655-2530
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.goldstartrust.com/
Key Pages From GoldStar Trust Company's Website
- Fees – An overview of the company's fee schedules for various types of IRAs.
- Precious Metals IRA – Explains the advantages and process of setting up a precious metals IRA with GoldStar Trust Company.
- Storage – Provides an overview of three popular depository services typically used to store precious metals within an IRA.
Always Review the Competition Before You Buy
The general consensus is that investors should be looking to allocate about 5%-20% of their overall retirement portfolio towards precious metals. This portion of your portfolio is intended to fulfill two primary purposes – its acts as a rather predicable and effective hedge against inflation (when the inflated dollar's value decreases, the value of gold typically rises,) and it provides the opportunity to boost the value of your retirement savings multiple times over in the event of another recession or depression (which could dramatically increase the demand for and price of gold).
What does all this ultimately mean? It means you should be extra careful about how you invest that seemingly small portion of your portfolio, as it could wind up becoming the most important investment you can make for your retirement in the long-term.
Fortunately, we've made it easy for anyone to conduct their own research and compare the leading Gold IRA companies and top IRA custodians. Our guides and comparison charts provide convenient resources from which to research how Gold IRAs work and which companies are the most trusted and cost-effective service providers and bullion dealers.
Contact Us if You Own or Represent GoldStar Trust Company
If you're an owner, representative, or associate of GoldStar Trust Company and you've found any of the details in this review to be erroneous, misleading, or outdated, please do contact us with your concerns. With the intent of providing the most accurate reviews on an ongoing basis, we will gladly revise or remove any content that is outdated or incorrect.
Why Equity Institutional is Ranked #1 IRA Custodian of 2020
While building this year's list of the top 10 IRA custodians, we considered a total of 37 different companies before narrowing down the candidates presented in the finalized custodian comparison table. We've made it easy for anyone to conduct their own research regarding the history, features, reputations, and fees of the leading precious metals IRA custodians. Each company has been thoroughly researched and ranked based on the following factors:
- preferred/partnered depositories and storage options
- whether storage fees are included in the annual charge – some companies require you to pay storage fees in addition to annual administration/renewal fees
- setup charges and account startup cost
- fee structure – sliding scale annual fees vs. flat-rate annual fees
- company reputation and industry presence
In addition to excelling in the above aspects, Equity Institutional also ranked as the #1 custodian this year because of their partnership with Regal Assets, the #1 company on 2020's list of the top Gold IRA companies. Equity Institutional partners with bullion dealers, brokers, and investment firms to bring retirement investors cost-effective, streamlined access to precious metals IRAs. While it is possible to setup an account with Equity Institutional directly as an individual, there are numerous benefits associated with opening your account through Regal Assets, including:
- Regal Assets will waive the first year's setup and storage fees for any account worth more than $10,000. In fact, they may cover up to the first three years' fees, depending on the value of the account. After the account starts to incur charges, the account holder is billed a low flat-rate annual fee (which stays the same regardless of how much gold is stored in the account), as opposed to a sliding scale fee, which increases along with the market value of assets held in the account.
- Regal Assets make it easy to buy eligible gold bullion and have it deposited directly into your IRA
- Best online reputation of any Gold IRA company; A+ rating with the better Business bureau, AAA rating with the Business Consumer Alliance, and 5-star ratings on Yelp, The Yellow Pages, Google+ and Trustlinkorg.
- Investors can invest as little as $5,000 initially
- Provides an extensive, industry-leading investor's information kit free to anyone interested (you can access this kit by filling in the simple form at the bottom of this page).
- Offers offshore storage in Singapore through Brinks, which may be the most secure location to store gold in an IRA.
- Regal Assets will buy back any precious metals their clients purchase from them and can have the funds credited to the client's account in less than 24 hours, on any given business day.
- Guides you through the process of learning about precious metals IRA, opening one, and purchasing the appropriate bullion products to store in your newly opened IRA; by far the easiest and most reputable solution to invest in a Gold IRA.
- Exceptional industry reputation highlighted by appearance in Inc Magazine, Forbes, Smart Money, and MarketWatch. Regal Assets even ranked #20 in Inc Magazine's famous Top 500 list.
If you'd like to learn more about the advantages of opening an Equity Institutional precious metals IRA through Regal Assets, see the full review of Regal Assets. You can also access Regal Assets highly informative investor's education kit that teaches you everything you need to know about investing in a Gold IRA by filling out the simple form below. Even if you don't plan on investing any funds right now, we strongly recommend you consider the content presented in their FREE information kit before making an investment decision in the precious metals industry.
Let Us Match You
Unsure about which Gold IRA company to choose? Let us match you based on your situation and objectives by taking this 1 minute quiz:
Pros of GoldStar Trust Company
- Over two decades of experience and $1.9 billion under management
- They boast more than 37,000 IRA accounts
- They offer a wide variety of unusual investments such as Swiss annuities, private investments, and church bond investment opportunities
Cons of GoldStar Trust Company
- Sliding scale fees are a lone detractor as the costs for having a growing account similarly increase
GoldStar Trust Company Review Summary
GoldStar Trust Company is one of the leading industry self directed IRA custodians. They count more than two decades of experience and over 37,000 IRA accounts with assets over $1.9 billion among their highlights. The firm specializes in a variety of niches in the business, including church finance and church bond investments, custodial accounts of various kinds, Swiss annuities, private investments, and more. Their sliding scale annual fees are a lone detractor from this excellent operation.