Midland IRA (www.midlandira.com/) is a Chicago-based IRA administrator and custodian that specializes in helping their clients invest in alternative assets like precious metals within self-directed retirement accounts. The company acts as the qualified trustee (custodian) of thousands of precious metals IRAs. They also provide recordkeeping services and a continual supply of educational material for IRA professionals and investors.
About the Management
The company's Principal is Brandon Stith, an experienced financial services provider with more than 10 years industry experience, a Bachelor of Business Degree in Financial Services, and certification as a Certified IRA Services professional (CISP) from the American Banking Association's Institute of Certified Bankers. The company lists three managers on their Meet Our Team page – Amanda Bermudez, Daniel Hanlon, and Scott Foresman.
Midland IRA Prices and Products
Midland IRA specializes in a broad range of alternative investments within self-directed IRAs, including precious metals. They act solely as the qualified trustee/custodian of the account and do not provide any bullion or other precious metals products. Below is a screenshot of their fee schedule for a precious metals IRA with Midland IRA:
Note that in the above screenshot you'll see two options for annual fee payment. Most investors choose the first option, which gives them flat-rate annual fee, as opposed to the second option, which gives them a sliding scale fee that could become more expensive in the long-term.
Midland IRA Contact Details
- Address: 135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 2150, Chicago, IL 60603
- Toll-Free Phone: 877.944.5472
- Local Phone: 312.235.0300
- Fax: 312.235.0302
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.midlandira.com/
Key Pages From Midland IRA's Website
- How it Works – A basic 5-step guide explaining the process of opening and maintaining an account.
- Precious Metals – Discusses the benefits of investing in precious metals in an IRA.
- Why Midland – The benefits of opening a self-directed IRA with Midland IRA.
Consider All Options Before Investing
Investing in precious metals within a retirement account isn't a process that should be rushed or downplayed in importance. With most experts recommending an allocation of at least 5%-20% of your retirement investments towards precious metals, this portion of your portfolio may seem like a minority, but it could wind up holding majority importance in the event of another recession or global financial crisis.
A self-directed IRA gives you the freedom to invest some of your retirement savings in a variety of alternative instruments, including precious metals. However, not all self-directed IRAs are the same, so setting up an account and purchasing IRA-eligible bullion for it is not always as straightforward as it might seems.
To avoid the hassle and expense of paying unnecessary fees and enduring a complicated setup and administration process, we suggest you thoroughly compare the top precious metals companies and IRA custodians before making a buying decision. Fortunately, we've made it easy fro anyone to conduct their own research from our Top 70 Gold IRA Companies of 2020 and Top 10 IRA Custodians of 2020 lists.
Contact Us if You Own or Represent Midland IRA
If you're an owner, representative, or associate of Midland IRA and you've noticed any information within this review that is inaccurate or outdated, please do contact us with your concerns. We strive to provide the most accurate and up-to-date reviews on an ongoing basis.
Why Equity Institutional is Ranked #1 IRA Custodian of 2020
While building this year's list of the top 10 IRA custodians, we considered a total of 37 different companies before narrowing down the candidates presented in the finalized custodian comparison table. We've made it easy for anyone to conduct their own research regarding the history, features, reputations, and fees of the leading precious metals IRA custodians. Each company has been thoroughly researched and ranked based on the following factors:
- preferred/partnered depositories and storage options
- whether storage fees are included in the annual charge – some companies require you to pay storage fees in addition to annual administration/renewal fees
- setup charges and account startup cost
- fee structure – sliding scale annual fees vs. flat-rate annual fees
- company reputation and industry presence
In addition to excelling in the above aspects, Equity Institutional also ranked as the #1 custodian this year because of their partnership with Regal Assets, the #1 company on 2020's list of the top Gold IRA companies. Equity Institutional partners with bullion dealers, brokers, and investment firms to bring retirement investors cost-effective, streamlined access to precious metals IRAs. While it is possible to setup an account with Equity Institutional directly as an individual, there are numerous benefits associated with opening your account through Regal Assets, including:
- Regal Assets will waive the first year's setup and storage fees for any account worth more than $10,000. In fact, they may cover up to the first three years' fees, depending on the value of the account. After the account starts to incur charges, the account holder is billed a low flat-rate annual fee (which stays the same regardless of how much gold is stored in the account), as opposed to a sliding scale fee, which increases along with the market value of assets held in the account.
- Regal Assets make it easy to buy eligible gold bullion and have it deposited directly into your IRA
- Best online reputation of any Gold IRA company; A+ rating with the better Business bureau, AAA rating with the Business Consumer Alliance, and 5-star ratings on Yelp, The Yellow Pages, Google= and Trustlinkorg.
- Investors can invest as little as $5,000 initially
- Provides an extensive, industry-leading investor's information kit free to anyone interested (you can access this kit by filling in the simple form at the bottom of this page).
- Offers offshore storage in Singapore through Brinks, which may be the most secure location to store gold in an IRA.
- Regal Assets will buy back any precious metals their clients purchase from them and can have the funds credited to the client's account in less than 24 hours, on any given business day.
- Guides you through the process of learning about precious metals IRA, opening one, and purchasing the appropriate bullion products to store in your newly opened IRA; by far the easiest and most reputable solution to invest in a Gold IRA.
- Exceptional industry reputation highlighted by appearance in Inc Magazine, Forbes, Smart Money, and MarketWatch. Regal Assets even ranked #20 in Inc Magazine's famous Top 500 list.
If you'd like to learn more about the advantages of opening an Equity Institutional precious metals IRA through Regal Assets, see the full review of Regal Assets. You can also access Regal Assets highly informative investor's education kit that teaches you everything you need to know about investing in a Gold IRA by filling out the simple form below. Even if you don't plan on investing any funds right now, we strongly recommend you consider the content presented in their FREE information kit before making an investment decision in the precious metals industry.
Let Us Match You
Unsure about which Gold IRA company to choose? Let us match you based on your situation and objectives by taking this 1 minute quiz:
Pros of Midland IRA
- The educational materials offered give this company a client-centric appeal.
- They provide both sliding scale and flat fee yearly charge options.
- Their focus is on both novice and professional level investors.
Cons of Midland IRA
- They do not offer as many investment classes and choices as some larger rivals.
Midland IRA Review Summary
Midland IRA is a custodian for thousands of different precious metals IRAs. Besides this, they offer a constant and continuously refreshed array of educational materials for IRA accounts. Their educational and record keeping services benefit both novices and professionals. The firm delivers options of flat rate yearly fees as well as sliding scale fees.
Phone: +1 239 333 1032