Disclosure: Our content does not constitute financial advice. Speak to your financial advisor. We may earn money from companies reviewed. Learn more
Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange (DGSE) (http://www.dgse.com) is a retailer and wholesaler of precious metals and fine jewelry that specializes in buying and selling gold, silver, platinum, and palladium bullion coins and bars, as well as selling watches, diamonds, and wedding jewelry. The company was founded in 1965, has been BBB-accredited since 1990, and is headquartered in the Dallas, Texas area.
About the Management
DGSE's official website doesn't contain a ‘Meet the Staff' or ‘About Us' page, so not much information is given about the management of the business. Although the Better Business Bureau has the Principal Contact and CEO listed as Jim Vierling, according to one of their press releases, Vierling resigned as CEO and was replaced by James “Dusty” Clem in April of 2014.
Vierling left the company to accept a position with DGSE's leading shareholder – Elemetal, LLC. Their site also states that DGSE Companies currently has 9 stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. You can learn more about their store locations and companies at http://dgsecompanies.com/.
Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange Ratings and Complaints
Below we've gathered the most important DGSE ratings and reviews from the internet's most authoritative business directories and ratings bureaus:
- BBB Rating: A+ (Details)
- BBB Complaints: 0 complaints in the last 3 years (Details)
- BCA: Not Listed
- BCA Complaints: Not Listed
- CitySearch: 100% positive based on 1 vote (Details)
- RipOff Report: Not Listed
- SiteJabber: Not Rated (Details)
- Trustlink: Not Rated (Details)
- Yellow Pages: (4 / 5) based on 16 reviews (Details)
- Yelp: (3 / 5) based on 16 reviews (Details)
Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange Prices and Products
DGSE offers a wide range of inventory in addition to their IRA-eligible bullion, including jewelry and collectibles. They also offer a broad selection of rare coins and currency in various grades, including Proof, Mint State, Uncirculated, Almost Uncirculated, Very Fine, and Very Good.
Upon entering the bullion section of their site you're brought to the gold bullion section, which is the largest section in their catalog. Many of the gold coins and bars they sell are eligible to be deposited in an IRA, including but not limited to American Gold Buffaloes, American Gold Eagles, Canadian Gold Maple Leafs, Australian Gold Kangaroos, and South African Gold Krugerrands.
Although DGSE does not directly offer offer any storage solutions, they do have a Gold IRA page that instructs their clients to call to set up an IRA. We're assuming they're affiliated with several IRA custodians, so the cost of storing any metals you purchase from DGSE would depend on the pricing policies of the custodian recommended by DGSE.
The two most important factors to pay attention to when comparing custodians are:
- Pricing Policies – sliding scale fees will always cost more than a flat-rate fee in the long-term.
- Reputation and Ratings – companies with plenty of positive reviews and ratings online are usually reputable.
Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange Contact Details
- Address: 13022 Preston Rd, Dallas, TX 75240; 1201 W. Airport Fwy., Ste. 190, Euless, TX 76040; 2620 W I-20, #103, Grand Prairie, TX 75052; 200 N Kimball Ave, #205, Southlake, TX 76092
- Phone: (972) 484-3662, (817) 283-4460, (817) 505-1005, (817) 722-0075
- Fax: (972) 674-2596
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.dgse.com
Key Pages From Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange's Website
- Bullion Catalog – DGSE's full catalog of gold, silver, platinum, and palladium bullion.
- Short Guide on IRAs – Discusses retirement portfolio diversification with precious metals, why gold makes sense for a retirement plan, and a brief overview of the types of metals allowed in an IRA.
- Bullion & Rare Coin Educational Guides – Brief guides that cover the basics of investing different types of precious metals.
Review the Top Gold IRA Companies Before You Buy
With so many precious metals dealers and IRA custodians to choose from, it can be easy to settle for the first reputable company you find. The problem is, while most gold dealers offer similar bullion prices (based on the live spot price), they differ the most in their shipping policies and storage prices, which are typically influenced by the IRA custodians they deal with.
The IRA custodian in charge of storing your IRA-eligible gold in an approved depository will usually be the company that determines the annual storage and admin fees you'll have to pay. Thus, it is imperative to compare custodians and/or find a gold IRA company that charges a flat-rate low annual fee and can cooperate with multiple custodians.
Contact Us if You Own or Represent Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange
If you're an owner, associate, or representative of Dallas Gold & Silver and you've noticed any details in this review that are incorrect or outdated, feel free to contact us with your concerns. We strive to provide the most up-to-date, accurate, and useful reviews for our readers on an ongoing basis.
Let Us Match You
Unsure about which Gold IRA company to choose? Let us match you based on your situation and objectives by taking this 1 minute quiz:
Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange Review Summary
Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange is a retailer and wholesaler of precious metals and fine jewelry that specializes in buying and selling gold, silver, platinum, and palladium bullion coins and bars, as well as selling watches, diamonds, and wedding jewelry. The company was founded in 1965, has been BBB-accredited since 1990, and is headquartered in the Dallas, Texas area.