Merit Gold & Silver (www.meritgold.com) (formerly known as Merit Financial) is an established and well known player in the precious metals industry. Headquartered in Santa Monica California, Merit boasts an AAA rating from the BCA (Business Consumer Alliance) and claims to have dealt with over a quarter million clients. Merit provides a vast line of products which include gold, silver, platinum & palladium coins and bars.
Due to its flawless BCA and BBB ratings as well as its low amount of complaints, Merit earned a #2 spot in our Gold IRA reviews this year (surpassed only by Regal Assets). Merit is definitely a solid option for anybody looking to buy precious metals. Make sure you review all the information below before making a decision.
Merit Ratings & Complaints
We have compiled all the ratings of Merit from some of the web’s most trusted organizations and bureaus. Here is an overview of the ratings we found:
- BCA Rating: AA (Details)
- BCA Complaints: 8 complaints in the last 3 years (Details)
- BBB Rating: Not Rated (Details)
- BBB Complaints: 11 complaints in the last 3 years (Details)
- RipOff Report: 9 Complaint in the last 3 years (Details)
- Complaints Board: 1 Complaint in the last 3 years (Details)
- Yelp: (1.5 / 5) based on 6 reviews (Details)
- TrustLink: (4.6 / 5) based on 676 reviews (Details)
- Yellow Pages: Not Rated (Details)
- CitySearch: Not Rated (Details)
- Google+: (1.8 / 5) based on 6 reviews (Details)
According to the BCA, the majority of Merit’s complaints have been handled properly (c.f. leading to a full refund to the client, or an adjustment to the account). However, at least 17 of those complaints ended up with neither an adjustment nor a refund to the client. Also, 1 client has filed a complaint with Ripoff Report claiming that he waited 123 days for delivery of his metals. Lastly, the company has a 2 star rating on Yelp due to a complaint by a customer who bought silver and couldn’t get his order fulfilled.
Merit Contact Details
- Address: 2001 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 320 Santa Monica, CA 90403
- Phone: (800) 515-5019
- Website: http://www.meritgold.com
- Opening Hours: Monday-Friday: 7AM – 7PM. Saturday: 9AM – 3PM.
Key Pages from Merit’s Website
The best way to learn more about Merit is to review the information on their website. Here are some of the pages we recommend reading:
Review All Gold IRA Companies Before You Buy
As with buying a car or a home, we highly recommend reviewing all companies before choosing your Precious Metals IRA partner. We have compiled a detailed list of the top 10 gold IRA firms this year. Our ratings will hopefully help you make an informed decision. We based our rankings on multiple factors, including customer feedback, ratings from trustworthy 3rd party organizations and amount of complaints filed. (view the full reviews here)
Do you own/represent Merit?
If you represent Merit and would like to get in touch with our reviewers in order to adjust one of your ratings, use our contact form.