Disclosure: Our content does not constitute financial advice. Speak to your financial advisor. We may earn money from companies reviewed. Learn more
About the Management
The current Owner and President of J.J. Teaparty is Scott D. Sparks, a lifetime member of the American Numismatic Association with extensive experience in the precious metals industry. According to their ‘About Us' page, their staff consists of five highly respected numismatists with a combined experience of more than 120 years. If you'd like to learn more about J.J. Teaparty's management, check out their Staff of Numismatists page.
J.J. Teaparty Ratings and Complaints
The following are the top ratings, reviews and profiles on J.J. Teaparty from the internet's most authoritative ratings bureaus and business directories:
- BBB Rating: A+ (Details)
- BBB Complaints: 0 complaints in the last 3 years (Details)
- BCA Rating: Not Listed
- BCA Complaints: Not Listed
- CitySearch: Not Rated (Details)
- Google+: Not Listed
- RipOff Report: Not Listed
- SiteJabber: Not Rated (Details)
- Trustlink: Not Listed
- Yellow Pages: Not Rated (Details)
- Yelp: (3.5 / 5) based on 5 reviews (Details)
J.J. Teaparty Prices and Products
J.J. Teaparty specializes in the sale of various rare collector's coins. Their catalog includes commemorative pieces and gold bullion, some of which may be eligible to be deposited into an IRA.
Their online store appears to be under construction at the moment, but we can see by their navigational menu that there are sections for a variety of denominations, including Half Cents, Large Cents, Small Cents, two Cents, Three-cent Pieces, Nickels, Half Dimes, Dimes, Twenty-Cent Pieces, Quarters Dollars, Half Dollars, Dollars, Commemoratives and others. You'd probably have to visit their storefront in Boston to see their full inventory.
There are no mentions of IRAs on JJTeaparty.com, and they do not recommend any IRA custodians to their clients. If you decide to purchase IRA-eligible metals from J.. Teaparty, the cost of storing those metals in the long-term would depend on the custodian you choose.
J.J. Teaparty Contact Details
- Address: 51 Bromfield St, Boston, MA 02108 or P. O. Box 185, N. Easton, MA 02356
- Phone: 877-772-4245
- Alternate Phone: 800-343-6412
- Local Phone:(617) 482-2398
- Fax: 508-297-2785
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.jjteaparty.com/
Key Pages From J.J. Teaparty's Website
- Buy Coins – At the moment this is one of the only functioning main pages on the site. We can assume that the company makes a decent amount of its revenue from coin sales.
- Staff of Numismatists – This page introduces their core 5-person staff, which consists of Scott D. Sparks, Liz Coggan, Gail Watson, Mike Berton, and Gene Gress.
- Order Form – With their catalog not fully working at the moment, the order form page is perhaps the most informative in regard to the process of buying gold from J.J. Teaparty.
Reviewing the Competition Before Investing
Lots of companies offer IRA-eligible bullion at reasonably similar prices. The real differentiator between Gold IRA companies is how much they charge in annual storage and admin fees, and more importantly, whether those fees are based on:
a sliding scale – in which fees increase as you deposit more metals into the account
a flat-rate fee – which remain at the same low annual charge regardless of the value stored in the account.
Generally, it's preferable to choose an IRA custodian that charges a low flat-rate fee, as this will reduce the cost of storing your precious metals in the long-term.
Contact Us If You Own Or Represent J.J. Teaparty
If you're an owner, representative, or associate of J.J. Teaparty and you've noticed incorrect, misleading, or outdated information in this review, feel free to contact us to express your concerns. In line with giving our readers the most accurate and up-to-date reviews, we will honor any revisions requests that are based on fact. Likewise, if you're a reader and you'd like to bring an error to our attention, we would appreciate your input.
Let Us Match You
Unsure about which Gold IRA company to choose? Let us match you based on your situation and objectives by taking this 1 minute quiz:
J.J. Teaparty Review Summary
J.J. Teaparty s a coin dealer specializing in the sale of rare collector's coins as well as PCGS and NGC-certified coins. The company is the oldest coin business in downtown Boston. It was founded in 1957 and has had an open file with the better Business Bureau since 1992.